[Mimedefang] Patch for Kaspersky 5.x support in mimedefang

Enrico Ansaloni ansa at netsphere.it
Fri Mar 5 05:54:21 EST 2004

Hi folks, I wrote a small and simple patch to get Kaspersky Antivirus version 5
working with MIMEDefang. It simply defines 3 new subroutines,
message_contains_virus_avp5, entity_contains_virus_avp5 and interpret_avp5_code
to deal with the new Kaspersky version binaries (aveclient) and the slightly
different behaviour.

Note: *don't* install the kav4mailserver Kaspsersky package, unless you plan
using the included mail scanning method which I don't recommend... use
kav4workstations instead, or any version providing aveclient binary for kav
scanner client/server operation.

Here are the patches, one for mimedefang.pl and the other for
mimedefang-filter.example
by CastGroup