[Mimedefang] Milter failure processing Read and DeliveryReceipts

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Mar 4 21:05:33 EST 2004

Joseph Brennan said:

>> I can't think of any reason an MUA should use a null envelope
>
> Receipts.
>
> It *is* annoying though when they doublebounce to postmaster.

I set this option to dump doublebounces in sendmail to root.
define(`confDOUBLE_BOUNCE_ADDRESS', `root')

Otherwise double bounces would keep at it until they timed out after 2 or
5 days.
Also doesn't fill up my real inbox or postmaster.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering