[Mimedefang] Milter failure processing Read and Delivery Rece ipts

Jim Crippen jcrippen at eliteint.com
Thu Mar 4 11:37:32 EST 2004

Michael,

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it did any
better.  I have disabled the network tests, disable rbl checking and
disables razor and dcc.  Still getting the same errors when the read and
delivery receipts go out.  I'll explain out setup a little more detailed.

We are using Redhat 7.3 w/ sendmail 8.12.9, spamassass 2.63, and mimedefang
2.39.  Spamassasin is configured to use Razor and DCC checking.  This mail
server is a relay into an protected MS Exchange 5.5 server which supplies
the company with its email, address book , etc.  Mail from the Exchange
server in turn goes back through the sendmail server to be delivered.  Until
Tuesday this all worked very well together.  We then added the filter_sender
to query the LDAP service in Exchange to allow known senders through without
checks.  This is when I started noticing the error appearing in the maillog
files.  As said before the messages recieving the error are mostly READ and
DELIVERED receipts or requested receipts.  The From address seems to get
stripped from the message in the logs as it shows 'from=<>' instead of
'from=<postmaster at RUTTER.ELITEHOU.COM>'.

I don't know if any of this helps.  If needed I can post the
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mimedefang start-up script and the local.cf and
sa-mimedefang.cf config files.

Thanks

Jim