[Mimedefang] survey: dropping password protected file

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Mar 4 08:17:08 EST 2004

--On Wednesday, March 3, 2004 8:23 PM +0100 Michal Jankowski
<Michal.Jankowski at fuw.edu.pl> wrote:

> "Michael Sims" <michaels at crye-leike.com> writes:
>
> The problem is - we've been refusing com/exe/pif since 2002, but told
> our users to switch to zip archives instead...

That's exactly what we did.  Thus, my unhappiness with not accepting
them now.

Besides, what will be next?  hqx?  sit?  tar?  I don't use Windows;
I wonder whether the other archive and compression formats are as
easy to open, or whether Microsoft will make them so if zip is
deprecated.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York