[Mimedefang] Server swamped after upgrading to 2.39 and Spamassassin 2.63

Wayne Hahn wayne at hamilton.net
Wed Mar 3 21:18:03 EST 2004

Hello all,

I upgraded my relay mail server from mimedefang 2.34 to 2.39. I also
upgraded spamassassin from 2.50 to 2.63. Now my server is swamped it seems
like I am having connections just hang onto my server. I use to have 40 to
75 sendmail connections open at one time now I have 125 to 150 connections.
I am running FreeBSD 4.6 and sendmail 8.12.5. Has anyone else notice a
greater load when upgrading to 2.63. How do shorten timeout on sendmail and
what would be a safe value ? Also can I drop the sendmail connection after
certain number of unknown accounts from  filter_recipient ?  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated I just don't known where to start.

Wayne Hahn