[Mimedefang] survey: dropping password protected file

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Mar 3 13:58:39 EST 2004

--On Wednesday, March 3, 2004 3:08 PM +0100 Marco Berizzi
<pupilla at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I would like hearing feedback about
> dropping password protected zipped file.
>
> Could it be a good solution to stop bagle & netsky?

We are currently refusing all mail with zip files.  Amazingly
few complaints, from a 50,000-user community.  We don't know yet
what the long-term plan will be.  That stops bagle.

To stop most variants of netsky, refuse mail with pif files.  We
did that many months ago.  No complaints at all.  Do it.

By refuse, I mean action_bounce().

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York