[Mimedefang] resend_message - sanity check for me please

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Mar 3 09:58:28 EST 2004

Hi, Matthew.

> Yes, one per directory across 8 million quarantine dirs. I suppose
> I should just get around to creating

Ah; you want a single mbox file.  That shouldn't be very hard with a bit
of Perl.

> Given that I have about an hour a week to work on this, I was hoping
> someone had done that already or I could put in a feature request ;)

The only issue with an mbox file is locking; with separate quarantine
directories generated from Sendmail queue identifiers, locking doesn't
even enter the picture.  To do what you need, it's probably simplest to
redirect to a special "virus" recipient address, deleting all the original
recipients, and using procmail to quarantine the messages.

> Also, send me a private email (if you're still reading this thread David)
> - wanted to talk CanIt general terms/prices for another project that I
> may have coming up. Nothing concrete, just ballpark stuff.

Sure.  If you want to talk sales stuff, you should talk to Bill White
<billw at roaringpenguin.com>.  I prefer to concentrate on the techie
side of things. :-)