[Mimedefang] SA body filters tagging header contents

Michael Haren michael at wassupy.com
Tue Mar 2 17:57:10 EST 2004

Jim McCullars wrote:

>   Per the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf man page:
>
>"The message Subject header is considered part of the body and becomes the
>first paragraph when running the rules."
>
>Jim McCullars
>University of Alabama in Huntsville

Wow! Thanks Jim, I appreciate the quick response. I find this extremely
surprising.

Now I must ask, does anyone know of any convenient way to scan only the
body of the message, without the subject? Without creating meta
rules/etc. I didn't see this as an option.

As it seems, if you have the same phrase in both the body and subject,
you cannot tell if it actually appears in the body at all. You can only
determine that it is in the subject, and _might_ be in the body.

Of course if it is in the body but NOT in the subject, a metarule will
help but that's not what I'm going for.

Any ideas here? I thank you again.
Michael