[Mimedefang] SA body filters tagging header contents

Michael Haren michael at wassupy.com
Tue Mar 2 16:03:32 EST 2004

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere - I searched for it and
came up empty. Also, a quick thanks to the mimedefang and sa
developers/contributors.

My problem is that mimedefang w/ spamassassin (most current versions of
each) is this:
I have this rule:
body     T_LOCAL_01    /fooey/i
describe T_LOCAL_01    Found Phrase 'fooey'
score    T_LOCAL_01    0.01

which should match any message with the word "fooey", any case in the
body of a message. The problem is that this rule also matches a message
with "fooey" ONLY in the subject header.

I do NOT have a rule like this, which i thought would be necesary to
catch this.
header     T_LOCAL_02   Subject =~ /fooey/i
describe T_LOCAL_02    Found Phrase 'fooey'
score    T_LOCAL_02    0.01

Any thoughts as to what is going on here? Am I forming my rules wrong?
Is this a mimedefang thing?

Any input is appreciated, thank you!
Michael