[Mimedefang] Virus Definition Question / Bagle.H alert

Lucas Albers albersl at cs.montana.edu
Tue Mar 2 12:40:12 EST 2004

Kevin A. McGrail said:

> As a note, the new Bagle.H is detected by Symantec 3/1/04 rev22 defs but
> McAfee with 4330 dat does NOT detect it.  I *had* to download the Daily
> Dat
> (Beta) from
> http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/daily_dats/DAILYDAT.ZIP.

mcafee detects it as:
This mcafee extra.dat file detects it as:
Found the W32/Bagle.gen!pwdzip (ED)

This finally catches it!
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101069.htm

http://a64.g.akamai.net/7/64/2015/2004-02-20-05/download.nai.com/products/mc
afee-avert/101068-a.zip

bash-2.05a# uvscan --secure /root/TextFile.zip
/root/TextFile.zip
        Found the W32/Bagle.gen!pwdzip (ED) virus !!!
--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering