[Mimedefang] RE: Anti-virus

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Mon Mar 1 20:47:18 EST 2004

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:47:49 +1000
"Peter A. Cole" <peteracole at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex, I'm a little confused here.
>
> Do you mean you have two hosts to run mimedefang on? One with clamav and
> one without?

One host is strictly for building packages.  This is at another location
and has libraries and such needed to build the packages, but it does not
have clamav.

The other host is my mailhost at my location.  I have been running
clamav-milter for several months and it has worked fine.  I just wanted to
move that function to mimedefang.

So the question is not just for me, but for others who would use the
package that I built.  I am a package maintainer for the Solaris community
site known as blastwave.org.  I will be releasing the package soon and
wanted to know if a customer, who also has clamav, can use my mimedefang
package to run clamav.

Thanks, Alex