[Mimedefang] Password protected Bagle.F

Lucas Albers albersl at cs.montana.edu
Mon Mar 1 18:27:31 EST 2004

Two ideas:
block password protected files:
see my patch for this for uvsvan:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-December/018560.html

block zip files with particular name:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-January/019508.html

block zip files with particular extension items in them exe in this case:
block exe inside zips:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-January/019511.html

bagle.F mcafee information:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101062.htm

David F. Skoll said:
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Jon R. Kibler wrote:
>
>> This appears to be the latest attempt to defeat AV scanners who cannot
detect malware in zip files that they cannot unzip. The