[Mimedefang] Invalid "mimedefang.pl -structure" output and virusscanning behaviour

Lucas Albers albersl at cs.montana.edu
Mon Mar 1 13:23:31 EST 2004

Dirk Mueller said:
> I'm afraid the unconditional rebuilding of the MIME parts will break a lot
> of
> legitimate mail. I've tried doing that for about a day, and then got so
> many
> complains about totally garbled legitimate mail (like newsletters) that I
> had
> to stop doing it again.
>
> It seems in the long run we have to get rid of MIMEDefang. Thats a shame,
> since it worked so great in all other aspects.
Anything that modified the mime will break legitimate mail, whether it's
mimedefang or anything else.
How does switching from Mimedefang to anything solve any problems in this
regard?
I did not get any doom infections.
I'm assuming you are just blocking exe attachments, and virus scanning?
If I understand you correctly, you had doom infections at your site?
--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering