Increase Log Verbosity (was [Mimedefang] Slaves Dying Prematurely)

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 1 17:05:33 EST 2004

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:07:11 -0500
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> That is unlikely to help.  A segfault is deep in the C guts of Perl;
> unless you're an experienced Perl hacker (by which I mean, experienced
> at hacking the C innards of Perl), knowing where it segfaults won't
> help much.
>
> If you can somehow force the generation of a core file, that might help
> someone who knows Perl well find the problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Thanks David, at least I know next time not to chase my tail as I wouldn't have a clue about C or Perl to sort that out.

However, hopefully you've seen my response in another message in this thread that by enabling all logging I could find for the multiplexor, then recompiling sendmail.cf, it miraculously came back to life.

So, although it's now working, I have no idea why it wasn't.

Pete