[Mimedefang] Slaves Dying Prematurely

Don ldaperror at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 13:19:18 EST 2004

When I ran into this problem..I used the -l option
when starting the mimedefang-multiplexor and it gave
me a more detailed perl error message that allowed me
to find the offending problem.

You can also test the mimedefang-filter rules by hand
like this:

/dir_path_to_mimedefang_bin/mimedefang.pl -f
/dir_path_to_mimedefang_filter/mimedefang-filter -test

but know that will not get the errors you may be
seeing sometimes, it just checks the syntax of teh
filter  so as to eliminate that problem.

Note my problem when the slave died prematurely was
not becuase of an upgrade of perl or modules but
rather a call to a function that I had removed and
this passed the syntax checker!

Hope this helps.
--Don