Increase Log Verbosity (was [Mimedefang] Slaves Dying Prematurely)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Mar 1 08:07:11 EST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Peter A. Cole wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a way of increasing the verbosity of the log files at all?

That is unlikely to help.

> I need to find out at which stage of the filter it seg faults.

That is unlikely to help.  A segfault is deep in the C guts of Perl;
unless you're an experienced Perl hacker (by which I mean, experienced
at hacking the C innards of Perl), knowing where it segfaults won't
help much.

If you can somehow force the generation of a core file, that might help
someone who knows Perl well find the problem.