Increase Log Verbosity (was [Mimedefang] Slaves Dying Prematurely)

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 1 07:54:05 EST 2004

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:17:13 -0500
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Peter A. Cole wrote:
>
> > Mar 1 09:02:15 jake mimedefang-multiplexor: Reap: Idle slave 1
> > (pid 990) exited due to signal 11 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)
>
> Signal 11 is a segmentation fault.  There's something seriously wrong
> with your Perl installation; maybe a bad library or some other bad
> dependency?
>
> --
> David.

Hi again, still trying to track the source of this problem down. I can't really file a bug report on it until I know what part of mimedefang and associated modules and libraries is actually causing the problem.

Can anyone suggest a way of increasing the verbosity of the log files at all?

I need to find out at which stage of the filter it seg faults.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated, and will hopefully lead to a successfully resolved bug!

Thanks,

Pete