[Mimedefang] Code Help

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 18 22:19:33 EDT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:37:07 -0400
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> I can't recommend this enough:  http://www.surbl.org/
>
> Get the SpamCopURI plugin for SpamAssassin.  I received a "powerful
> weightloss" spam that would have scored 0.7 with vanilla SpamAssassin,
> but ended up scoring 16.7:
>
>  0.7 from vanilla SA
>  3.0 from being blacklisted at ws.surbl.org
>  3.0 from being blacklisted at sc.surbl.org
> 10.0 from our own custom Bayes engine saying 99% probability of spam.
>
> Even without the Bayes, SURBL would have made the difference.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

I have yet to look into this at home here David, my Bayes says "00" on this one at the moment as I didn't have any before I trained it initally, and it scores well below the auto threshold. At least, if my interpretation of all the Bayes stuff is correct, then it is well below.

I've seen many previous posts about surbl, but haven't got that far yet. So now might be a good time! I've recently got Bayes and a few network tests working and that's all going well, so now I'm happy to move onto the next one.

Pete