[Mimedefang] sasldb2 not found

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jun 30 15:56:05 EDT 2004

Am Mi, den 30.06.2004 schrieb Tony Nelson um 19:49:

> I am replying to you off list, as this question does not pertain to mimedefang.
> I would like to setup SMTP AUTH which I think I can do, but as I understand it,
> I will need 2 sendmail instances.  One for incoming mail (non-authenticated)
> and one for outgoing mail (authenticated).

No, that does not need 2 Sendmail instances. Of course users or other
MTAs don't have to authenticate if they offer your MTA mail for local
delivery.

> Is there not a way to say:
>
> 1: If authenticated goto 3:
> 2: Insert special rules to allow authenticated mail
> 3: All regular non-authenticated sendmail rules start here?

You can in the mimedefang-filter file divert between authenticated
connections and those who are not.

> Tony

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435
Serendipity 21:53:13 up 20:20, 8 users, 0.89, 1.16, 1.15