[Mimedefang] Sendmail mailertable question

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Mon Jun 28 11:47:33 EDT 2004

I added the following line to my mailertable:

        eriecc.wnyric.org       error:5.1.2:550 This domain no longer
accepts email

When I telnet and issue  RCTP TO: <user at eriecc.wnyric.org>, I get this:

        553 5.3.0 <user at eriecc.wnyric.org>... This domain no longer
accepts email

I would have expected  to get

        550 5.1.2 This domain.....

Any ideas why it's giving different error codes?  The end result of
bouncing the mail is the same, I'm just puzzled by the discrepancy.

---

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM / Hormel's new miracle meat in a can
Tastes fine, saves time. / If you want something grand, / Ask for SPAM!
         - Hormel's 1937 jingle for SPAM

William Brown
Messaging/Filtering Services
Erie 1 BOCES