[Mimedefang] Sender validation

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Fri Jun 25 16:20:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:01:37 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

>  Wouldn't this work best with a database approach similar to
>  greylisting?  That is, store the results of your tests with a
>  count and timestamp so you don't have to repeat them often.

Yes, some kind of cache is probably a good idea. If I decide to use this check, I'll probably do just that.

>  rejects should start with
>  a short life but live increasingly longer as the use count
>  increases.

That could work. But that would also mean the database has to be updated for for every incoming mail. With a static (short) lifetime for rejects the databse would only have to be updated when a check has been done for an address.

Regards
/Jonas

Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/