[Mimedefang] Sender validation

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu Jun 24 11:59:43 EDT 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 06/24/2004 09:39:04
AM:

> The idea of validating addresses in MAIL FROM with MX servers has
> been around for sometime, but has some problems. I'm currently
> evaluating a pretty involved validation scheme, and it does seem to
> work out so far.

I'll trust you on the code...  I havent been a programmer in a long time.

Can you explain your criteria for accepting a sender if the host is not an
MX for the domain?  We have CanIT Pro and the mismatch rules tened to
block alot of the "send the page to a friend" and e-card type emails.  I
had to give up on them (the mismatch rules, that is).