[Mimedefang] Out of memory problem and missing attachments

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Thu Jun 24 10:32:01 EDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:16:52 +0200 (CEST), Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> Currently I the normal size of a slave is 110MB (85MB resident).

Ouch!

Have you set a size limit for messages to be processed by SA? SA can take a lot of memory if you don't. t can also be very slow.

>  Am I using extraordinary large SpamAssassin rules?

If you're using all the rules from the rulesemporium, then yes.

To get the size down I would suggest using SURBLs (www.surbl.org) instead of "bigevil.cf" and "blacklist-uri.cf".

Also consider not using "blacklist.cf" (a 1MB file of regular expressions...).

Regards
/Jonas
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/