[Mimedefang] grammar nit

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Thu Jun 24 05:08:42 EDT 2004

On Nov 12, 11:23am, Jan Pieter Cornet wrote:
} On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 02:00:51AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
} > diff -r mimedefang-2.43/configure mimedefang-2.44-BETA-1/configure
} > 842c842
} > <   --enable-running-on-scummy-sco      Enable software to build on SCO UNIX or SCO Linux, in spite of SCO's disgusting attitude
} > ---
} > >   --enable-running-on-scummy-sco      Enable software to build on SCO UNIX or SCO Linux, in spite of SCOs disgusting attitude
} >
} > This first one is actually the correct one.
}
} Um, actually, their both wrong (spot the typo :)

     Hmm, I've looked at this a number of times and don't see the
problem unless you're referring to the comma, I generally do quite well
with grammar stuff.  I even showed it to my "grammar nazi" girlfriend
who has a degree in English and she didn't spot the typo.  So, do tell,
where is it?  Don't keep us in suspense any longer.

} The SCO that is now sueing the world has little to do with the SCO that
} released SCO unix (formerly XENIX).

     The company that currently owns and distributes SCO Unix is
currently named SCO (actually, The SCO Group, Inc.)...

} So I don't think the derogatory comment is warranted at all.

...so, the comment does match.  I wasn't going to say anything; however,
I agree with you that it isn't warranted.  Actually, I would go so far
as to say that it doesn't belong there, since it is unprofessional and
is a blemish on an otherwise very fine product.  Politics doesn't
belong in software.  Even the FSF says you shouldn't desupport SCO
products since that would only hurt people that must use SCO products
for one reason or another.

}-- End of excerpt from Jan Pieter Cornet