[Mimedefang] typical spamassassin results

Rudolph Pereira rudolph at usyd.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 21:08:21 EDT 2004

Hello

I realise this is more of a spamassassin question, but thought list
members here might have some quick stats for comparison (particularly
running without bayes)

I am trying to work out "typical" results for how much spam SA catches
in it's default configuration, without bayes or dnsrbl (or any network
tests) configured. My understanding was that it would be in the order of
70%, but I am getting between 30-40% on the corpus I have (~2k spam all
from the last few months).

Does this sound right to people, or is there something obviously wrong
with my setup (other than not having tweaked scores, rules, etc)?

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks