[Mimedefang] Greylist DB addition fails silently?

Justin justin at othius.com
Wed Jun 23 13:27:04 EDT 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, -ray wrote:
>> Yes i saw very similar problems when trying to implement greylisting
>> using Jonas' code.  I ended up NOT using greylisting because of this
>> problem,
>
> I've had endless problems with Berkeley DB and Perl.  Our greylisting
> implementation uses PostgreSQL; I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to
> write a DBI version that can use MySQL or PostgreSQL.

I have modified Steven Rocha's implementation
(http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-February/020126.html)
which I believe is a modification of Jonas' implementation. My modified
version uses a PostgreSQL database in place of Berkley DB and allows you
to specify action to take (white/black/grey) based on cidr/host address,
using subnet 0/0 as the default action.

I will clean it up and post if there's interest.

-Justin