[Mimedefang] Undesired consequence of stream_by_recipient

Justin justin at othius.com
Wed Jun 23 13:16:54 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Jim Hatfield wrote:
>> I didn't appreciate that stream_by_recipient causes mail to be accepted
>> before the validity of the recipient addresses has been checked.
>
> Actually, this is a milter issue.
[snip]

> You can fix this by adding a filter_recipient routine that checks if an
> address is valid and returns ('REJECT', "User unknown") if it is not.
[snip]

Just want to confirm... I'm correctly reading that stream_by_recipient()
does not accept for all recipients before filter_recipient has a chance to
[temp]fail?

And this means white/black/greylisting implementations that operate in
filter_recipient should still work - without sendmail having to generate a
bounce?

-Justin