[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang Digest, Vol 9, Issue 44

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Tue Jun 22 23:23:20 EDT 2004

> sa-learn -D as a debug tool is your friend.
> Run as the user defang.

This only partially helps.

For my setup, I tell MIMEDefang to use /etc/mail/spamassassin/site-prefs
as the user prefs file.  I also have ~defang/.spamassassin/user_prefs
symbolically linked to this file.  In the file, the bayes_min_spam_num is
set to 500.

I started getting rule hits on the BAYES_* rules the other day, and I
checked and the number of SPAM in the database was 204.  There should be
no hits on these rules until there are at least 500 SPAM in the DB.

But, the default for bayes_min_spam_num is 200 if you don't have this
value in your user_prefs file, which /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs did
not.  Setting the right value there (by removing that file and linking it
to the site-prefs file) seems to have solved the problem.

Basically, I have no clue anymore where the various SpamAssassin values
are read from when MIMEDefang runs as a daemon as user "defang", so I'm
shotgunning the whole thing.

--
Jeff Rife        |
SPAM bait:       | "Resistance...is *futile*"