[Mimedefang] MXCommand: read: Connection reset by peer

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jun 22 15:24:23 EDT 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Richard Laager wrote:

> Dual Pentium III 1.2 GHz
> 2.5 GB memory, 1 GB swap
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang is on a 1.3 GB tmpfs partition.

> I'm currently using about 1.7 GB of physical memory and no swap.
> I'm running the embedded perl interpreter with 50 slaves set as the
> MX_MINIMUM. I have MX_MAXIMUM set to 110. (By the way, what do you
> think of these values?)

They seem reasonable for your hardware configuration.  So for some
reason, the multiplexor is dying?  This is really hard to pin down.
I think you'll need to attach gdb to the multiplexor and wait for it
to die.  Do this:

gdb /usr/local/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor `cat /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.pid`

At the GDB prompt, type:

	continue

to let the multiplexor run again.  Then wait for it to die.  If/when
it dies, type:

	where

at the gdb prompt, and send me the output.