[Mimedefang] OT: Sendmail greet_pause feature

Michael Faurot mfaurot at atww.org
Tue Jun 22 12:11:49 EDT 2004

> I have to read more about it, but it would be nice to have the ability to
> whitelist some ip's from the greeting delay.

>From cf/README:

greet_pause     Adds the greet_pause ruleset which enables open proxy
                and SMTP slamming protection.  The feature can take an
                argument specifying the milliseconds to wait:

                        FEATURE(`greet_pause', `5000')  dnl 5 seconds

                If FEATURE(`access_db') is enabled, an access database
                lookup with the GreetPause tag is done using client
                hostname, domain, IP address, or subnet to determine the
                pause time:

                        GreetPause:my.domain    0
                        GreetPause:example.com  5000
                        GreetPause:10.1.2       2000
                        GreetPause:127.0.0.1    0

                When using FEATURE(`access_db'), the optional
                FEATURE(`greet_pause') argument becomes the default if
                nothing is found in the access database.