[Mimedefang] Code Help

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 22 07:32:51 EDT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:37:07 -0400
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> I can't recommend this enough:  http://www.surbl.org/
>
> Get the SpamCopURI plugin for SpamAssassin.  I received a "powerful
> weightloss" spam that would have scored 0.7 with vanilla SpamAssassin,
> but ended up scoring 16.7:
>
>  0.7 from vanilla SA
>  3.0 from being blacklisted at ws.surbl.org
>  3.0 from being blacklisted at sc.surbl.org
> 10.0 from our own custom Bayes engine saying 99% probability of spam.
>
> Even without the Bayes, SURBL would have made the difference.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Well I've now made the change and implemented SURBL, and I'm in total agreement David, it's great!

Very easy to implement as well. I try not to do anything that's outside of the Debian packaging system as I'm still not up to speed with a lot of Linux things yet, but I found it extremely easy and painless to get the SpamCopURI plugin working.

Thanks again for the tip.

Pete