[Mimedefang] grammar nit

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Jun 22 05:00:51 EDT 2004

     I was just about to finally do an upgrade from 2.39, so I decided
to have a look and see what the latest version is.  I found
2.44-BETA-1, so I looked to see what the changes were.  I note that one
of the changes was:

>       * configure.in: Fix a couple of typos

Unfortunately, one of the fixes is actually a breakage:

diff -r mimedefang-2.43/configure mimedefang-2.44-BETA-1/configure
842c842
<   --enable-running-on-scummy-sco      Enable software to build on SCO UNIX or SCO Linux, in spite of SCO's disgusting attitude
---
>   --enable-running-on-scummy-sco      Enable software to build on SCO UNIX or SCO Linux, in spite of SCOs disgusting attitude

This first one is actually the correct one.  In the first case you have
a possessive, where the thing being possessed is a "disgusting
attitude" and the possessor is SCO.  In the second case you have a
plural, where the thing being pluralised is SCO, followed by something
that doesn't really fit.