[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang Digest, Vol 9, Issue 35

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Mon Jun 21 09:37:41 EDT 2004

> If I can ever get the changes to work, then I'll have to see if OE can
> find that, since the UI implies that it doesn't filter on the comments,
> only on actual recipients.

Remember that clients do use the To field in composing replies.  If
you add an actual recipient, you'll need to make it a valid address
(an alias to /dev/null perhaps) so that replies don't generate weird
bounces.  People will still wonder who this extra address is, and
people who care will find themselves editing the To field of replies
to get rid of it.  Small annoyances get bigger as they continue.  It
almost makes putting a code in the Subject look good, doesn't it?

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York