[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang Digest, Vol 9, Issue 34

Jeff Rife jrife at nabs.net
Sun Jun 20 17:31:27 EDT 2004

> Our users have MS Outlook as the e-mail client, so they can't match on
> abitrary headers.  There are some political issues with changing the
> subject on false positives, especially when it is then replied to and the
> original sender sees we think they are a SPAMmer.

It turns out that Outlook 2003 has the ability to filter on abitrary text
in the headers, so it can find the "X-Spam-Score" header.  The users say
this is a new feature (only a few of the tech people use Outlook), so
that has solved my problem.

Again, thanks for all the hints.

--
Jeff Rife        | "Having your book turned into a movie is like
SPAM bait:       |  seeing your ox turned into bouillon cubes."