[Mimedefang] Re: MIMEDefang Digest, Vol 9, Issue 35

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Sat Jun 19 13:33:34 EDT 2004

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Jeff Rife wrote:
>
> > So, does anybody know of a way to extract the contents just one header
> > from the message and stay within mimedefang-filter/Perl?
>
> Open and parse ./HEADERS

Ouch.  I guess it's time to really learn Perl.

> I wouldn't recommend changing the To: header, because Sendmail also
> changes it.  If you must change that header, put your changes in an
> RFC2822 comment:
>
> 	action_change_header("To:", "$original_to (Spammy)");

If I can ever get the changes to work, then I'll have to see if OE can
find that, since the UI implies that it doesn't filter on the comments,
only on actual recipients.

But, thanks all for the hints.

--
Jeff Rife        | "Ahhh, what an awful dream!  Ones and zeroes
SPAM bait:       |  everywhere...and I thought I saw a two!"