[Mimedefang] OT: Kosher email vs SPAM

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Fri Jun 18 18:20:34 EDT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

>> From: David F. Skoll [mailto:dfs at roaringpenguin.com]
>>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
>>
>> > Yam?  Should keep even the hardest core vegans happy and like ham, it
>> > rhymes with spam.
>>
>> :-) I love it.  "Spam" is offensive to many groups (Jews, Muslims,
>> vegetarians, people with taste buds) while "Yam" is sweet and
>> inoffensive.
>>

>My problem with the term "Ham" - as the opposite of "Spam" - is that, in a
>literal sense, SPAM *is* ham.  (Not all ham is SPAM, though.)  SPAM is an
>abbreviation of the phrase SPiced hAM.

I do not know if it is kosher (U or K), but there is also 'Ham' turkey,
'Ham' beef, and SPAM Turkey. YAM is a better term.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- Please, I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until
-- tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed.