[Mimedefang] When do added headers become visible?

Mike Batchelor mikebat at tmcs.net
Fri Jun 18 18:03:22 EDT 2004

--On Friday, June 18, 2004 4:57 PM -0400 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> SpamAssassin will never see that header, because the function:
>
> 	action_add_header(...)
>
> just makes a *note* in a special file.  After all the Perl processing
> has finished, the C glue code reads the note and asks Sendmail to add the
> header.

What about headers added by sendmail in sendmail.cf?  Is there a way to get
sendmail to add its headers before passing the message off to the Milter?
It seems that it only does this just before invoking a mailer, like relay
or esmtp, or local in the case of Return-Path.  The example given by the
custom rule's author shows how to get Exim to add a header that
SpamAssassin will see, but I haven't figured out how to get sendmail to do
it.  I think it's not able to do this, but was hoping someone on the list
would know for sure.

---
"The avalanche has already begun. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
 -- Kosh