[Mimedefang] Is there a way to change "To:" header?

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Fri Jun 18 17:29:30 EDT 2004

Our users have MS Outlook as the e-mail client, so they can't match on
abitrary headers.  There are some political issues with changing the
subject on false positives, especially when it is then replied to and the
original sender sees we think they are a SPAMmer.

So, my idea was to add an innocuous name to the "To:" header.  Since this
is not used by sendmail to do any delivery (the envelope recipients are
used instead), I think it is safe, and Outlook *can* filter on it.

The question is: how?

MIMEDefang exposes a global variable $Subject that makes adding to the
subject easy, but I can't find anything similar for other headers.  I'm
not a Perl guru, though, so I might have missed the setting in
mimedefang.pl.

--
Jeff Rife        |  Sam: How's life treatin' you, Norm?
SPAM bait:       |