[Mimedefang] OT: Kosher email vs SPAM

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Fri Jun 18 11:52:52 EDT 2004

> From: David F. Skoll [mailto:dfs at roaringpenguin.com]
>
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
>
> > Yam?  Should keep even the hardest core vegans happy and like ham, it
> > rhymes with spam.
>
> :-) I love it.  "Spam" is offensive to many groups (Jews, Muslims,
> vegetarians, people with taste buds) while "Yam" is sweet and
> inoffensive.

My problem with the term "Ham" - as the opposite of "Spam" - is that, in a
literal sense, SPAM *is* ham.  (Not all ham is SPAM, though.)  SPAM is an
abbreviation of the phrase SPiced hAM.

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"