[Mimedefang] clamav + spamassassin + virtual-domains for 500.000 mails a day

John john at jjgb.com
Thu Jun 17 10:11:48 EDT 2004

At 06:44 AM 6/17/2004, you wrote:
>On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Florian Meister wrote:
>
> > With MIME-defang it should be possible to use spamassassin and
> > clamav over the same sendmail-milter-interface. Is it also possible to
> > check for spam in every mail (excluding a few trusted networks), and
> > to check for viruses only in a few domains (or to-addresses) ?
>
>Yes.  You just write the Perl code.
>
> > Is it possible to implement a LDAP-interface ?
>
>Yes.  You just write the Perl code (perhaps you see a pattern in my
>answers. :-))
>
> > How fast, performant and stable is mimedefang. I have problems with
> > spamass-milter, it crashes every week.
>
>MIMEDefang is extremely stable.  We have customers using our commercial
>CanIt software (based on MIMEDefang) with uptimes of over 200 days.

My own commercial server has been running MD/SA/ClamAV and has an uptime of
530 days.  Yes, uptime rolls over at 497 days.  Damn!

Stable?  Most definitly!!

>MIMEDefang is a fairly decent performer.  With SpamAssassin scanning
>and Clam virus-scanning, a dual Xeon at 2.4GHz with 2GB of memory
>should easily handle 500 000 to 600 000 messages/day.
>
>Regards,
>
>David.

John Jaeger - Billings, Montana

EMail To	: <mailto:john at jjgb.com>
Home Page	: <http://www.jjgb.com>

PGP:
RSA Key ID: 0xAAEC7751  <http://www.jjgb.com/public_files/RSA_Key.zip>

"Our liberty is protected by four boxes...
     The ballot box, the jury box, the soap box, and the cartridge box."
                                    - Anonymous

"Soap Box" didn't work, now using the "Cartridge Box" 3/20/2003