[Mimedefang] Network Tests Disabled Even Though mimedefang-filter is right

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 17 03:30:56 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is encountering the same problem I am?

I'm using the Debian Testing version of MIMEDefang (2.41) and Spamassassin (2.63) and even though I have set "$SALocalTestsOnly = 0" in "/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter", network tests are disabled.

If I then edit "/usr/bin/mimedefang.pl" and set the same setting there, then network tests are fine.

As far as I'm aware, I shouldn't have to edit mimedefang.pl at all.

This is also affecting Clam antivirus in that even though I set the correct location for the clamd sock file "/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl" in "/etc/mail/mimedefang.pl.conf", the sock file specified in mimedefang.pl overrides this as well.

I'm basically trying to find out if I should be filing a bug report with the Debian package maintainers, or if this is more of a MIMEDefang source thing?

Any ideas?

Pete