[Mimedefang] Using DCC in SpamAssassin which is called by MimeDefang

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 18:32:31 EDT 2004

--- Kelson Vibber <kelson at speed.net> wrote:
> At 01:30 PM 6/16/2004, Al Sparks wrote:
> >A simple question, so I know whether it can be done or not.
> >
> >Is anyone using SA to access DCC iff SA is called by MD?
> >    === Al
>
> Is that a misspelling, or do you mean "if and only if?"
>
> If it's just a misspelling, then I can tell you yes, we use DCC through SA
> called by MD

Thanks.  I admit it wasn't a misspelling, and I didn't put that much thought
into its use.

Are there any special settings in SpamAssassin I should know about?

Here are my /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf settings:
    required_hits           1
    ok_locales              en
    rewrite_subject 0
    use_terse_report 1
    skip_rbl_checks 0
    dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
    dcc_home /var/dcc
    use_dcc 1
    score DCC_CHECK 5
    score RCVD_IN_RBL 5

I at least know that SA is being run by MD, because it's adding headers to
the messages.

Another question for the group.  Has anyone had a problem getting DCC to run
via MD -> SA?
  === Al