[Mimedefang] virtusertable and stream_by_domain

Alan Pfeiffer-Traum apt at UH.EDU
Wed Jun 16 10:00:22 EDT 2004

David> Right.  What MIMEDefang sees is the argument to the RCPT command.

>> Is there a way to control this?

David> You'd have to "manually" apply Sendmail's virtusertable lookups.
David> You can try using "sendmail -bv address at domain.net" and parsing
David> the output.

When you say "manually", I'm imagining something like this: using
stream_by_recipient (rather than by domain), have the mimedefang filter
lookup the recipient in the virtusertable hash and make policy decisions
from there.

I wonder if I would be better off doing all my virtuser stuff in an
entirely separate instance of sendmail. Maybe even on the same box.

Thanks,
--
Alan Pfeiffer-Traum