[Mimedefang] Need advise on how to proceed.

Brian McGraw bjm25 at drexel.edu
Mon Jun 14 13:45:02 EDT 2004

Hello,

>Yesterday we had such an attack. 32000 connects from ~ 1000 hosts in the
>net, sending each one mail with 32 recipient. Imagine what happens if you
>accept all the mails and you send bounces ... Bye bye server ...

This is pretty much we where are.  I'd love to implement greylisting,
but it is sort of a hard sell to management.  People have come to think
of email as being instantaneous,  even though we all know it is not
meant to be.  However,  we may be reaching the point where there is no
choice, as traffic from the bounces is killing our server.

Brian