[Mimedefang] virus load drop?

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Mon Jun 14 10:24:52 EDT 2004

	Anybody else seeing a sharp drop in viral load in their logs?
I'm a little nervous... from the beginning of June through the 9th I
was averaging about 1200 worms a day; on the 10th I caught 500, on the
11th 350-some, and yesterday and the day before (12th and 13th) I saw
less than a hundred each day.

	I know (obviously) that it's that time of year when
universities lock the undergrads out of the residential nets, but I'm
still feeling a bit paranoid about an order-of-magnitude difference.

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key

   Need a seasoned *NIX admin in the Denver/Boulder area? Hire me!