[Mimedefang] Need advise on how to proceed.

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Jun 12 00:09:05 EDT 2004

--On Friday, June 11, 2004 11:37 AM -0400 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> You **MUST** configure your mail network to reject invalid recipients
> with a 5xx code at the MX server.  The good old days of having a gateway
> machine that lacks knowledge of valid internal addresses are gone; such
> an architecture is unsustainable in today's hostile environment.

Now if we can just convince webmasters to allow "+" in their email forms,
so we can use throwaway addresses without multiplying the list of valid
recipients. I run into too many form writers who restrict the allowed
characters in addresses too much, forcing me to either use my unadorned
default address or a default entry in virtusertable.