[Mimedefang] Somewhat OT: Dictionary attacks

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Jun 9 11:14:42 EDT 2004

I have and I am also running something like that - I wrote a TCL script that
does exactly what you're talking about...

It's features are:

   routes IP's into the 'route add -blackhole' almost immediately.
   Runs continuously based on tcl's fileevent (as to not suck CPU time)
   Keeps a table in /tmp with timestamps for system reboot recovery of table
   Blackholes IP's for 7 days at present (removes/updates stale entries)
   can easily watch for other items as well.(I look for NOQUEUE: Possible Attack)

So far, it's been working really well... results can be seen at:

http://www.benjammin.net/www/pages/spam/cgi-bin/show-blackhole-list

The list is about half of what it normally is at... (about 60-80 entries)

If anyone would like a copy, I'd be happy to oblige.. It's a little longer than
Dave's script. Email me directly if interested...

   -Ben