[Mimedefang] Whitelisting Outbound E-Mail Addresses

wrolf.courtney at donovandata.com wrolf.courtney at donovandata.com
Wed Jun 9 10:28:29 EDT 2004

I would have contributed code long ago, but it is in the form of a cron job
that scans the Sendmail log, with hardcoded logic for what is "inbound" and
what is "outbound".

The autoresponder issue took me by suprise.  Yes, that is a very real
issue.  Yet it has never affected us.  We use Notes internally, and users
can set whether or not to send their vacation message to Internet
addresses.

My guess is that the spammers are too likely to get bounced (I use a lot of
aggressive lists), and since only an individual e-mail address is
whitelisted, and spammers keep changing their addresses, they are actually
dodging the holes that they are opening up!

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 06/08/2004 05:14:36
PM: