[Mimedefang] Outgoing Messages are blocked

Matt Smith Matt at Coolchilli.com
Tue Jun 8 19:47:14 EDT 2004

Hi VK,

>Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:10:41 -0400
>From: Vivek Kumar vivekk at gorave.net
>Thanks a lot.. I have to look into how to use filter_relay() ??
It's not too hard, you basically need to create the sub-routine in your
mimedefang-filter (put it anywhere, except in the middle of another
sub-routine!).
Remember though, anything not allowed in filter_relay, will be REJECTED.

There is an example (which I have used successfully) at
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-January/019351.html
but if you use this, please change the "Continue" to CONTINUE as it IS case
sensitive.
If all else fails, man mimedefang-filter (look for the section "Controlling
Relaying").

>guide me also for whitelist_from_recv
I don't use whitelist_from_recv, just whitelist_from;  but, from `man
Spam::Assassin::Conf`
<quote>
whitelist_from_rcvd addr at lists.sourceforge.net sourceforge.net
           Use this to supplement the whitelist_from addresses with a check
           against the Received headers. The first parameter is the address
           whitelist, and the second is a string to match the relay's rDNS.
</quote>
so, for example, for Mimedefang list mail (digest version, at least), you
would need the following:
whitelist_from_recv mimedefang-request at lists.roaringpenguin.com
www.roaringpenguin.com
The wildcard ( * ) character is allowed in the email portion, so you could
use *@yourdomain.com to allow anyone at yourdomain.com to be whitelisted.

Hope this helps...
Regards,
Matt