[Mimedefang] Whitelisting Outbound E-Mail Addresses

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jun 8 17:14:36 EDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 wrolf.courtney at donovandata.com wrote:

> For a long time now (before implementing MIMEDefang) I have implemented
> site-wide whitelisting of the to address of any outbound e-mail.

Do you whitelist replies from out-of-office software?

> It is reasonable to assume that if one of my users sends someone mail, then
> they want a reply.

Unless the outbound mail is sent by an auto-responder, or by an unsophisticated
user.

> I would love to see this integrated into MIMEDefang.

I'm eagerly awaiting the code contributions. :-)

All kidding aside, we do plan on adding this to our commercial
anti-spam tools.  Whether or not this will migrate its way down into
MIMEDefang remains to be seen.